6.19.2008

never should've gotten out of bed

Today was one of those days. Honestly, it felt like this all week. Tuesday I was hanging out like it was a Friday (or a Thursday in my case) with no work left to do. Then it happened again Wednesday. Here it is Thursday... I managed to do a little work, but that only lasted me about an hour.

So what's the deal? We pull our work from a database, if you will. And when new customers come in (I guess in bulk) they first must go through data entry, then and only then are we able to work on them. However, for some reason, they aren't done with the files. I'm assuming this because we haven't been able to pull anything.

So to pass the time, I've been keeping on news events until I complete grew entirely bored of that and found an article on Time.com regarding the 50 best website. (Remind me to post my favorites from that list later.) The sites I was able to visit here at work have become my new past time. From freerice.com (which my "instant friend" Kathy tried to get me to goto before) captured my attention for about an hour as well as expanded my vocabulary which I forgot most of and probably would never use in fear of sounding like a stuck up snobby professor. You see? There's a word for that. It's called pretentious. Now that you know what it means, I can use it. I choose not you big words all the time in fear of sounding PRETENTIOUS. But it all depends on who I'm talking to anyway. Small children get the biggest words. It's my way of telling them to stay in school.

I always wondered where Kanye West found all those cool random items he has pics of on his blog. I found quite a few myself as well as several geeky nerdy stuff I'd buy if I wasn't concerned with filling my gas tank... which needs to get filled today. >:oO

Speaking of cars, I'm hoping to buy a new one within the next 2 weeks. It's KILLING me. Sorry Sam, it's been a great 3 years, but we need to move on.

As for today, I woke up late... There's no real reason why. I heard my alarm. I even clearly remember waking completely up to change the channel to watch the news and the weather for the day. 'Twas the last ringy dingy of my alarm, so I knew there would be danger should I shut my eyes. Did I heed my own warnings and fears? Nay! And 3 hours later I silently screamed "I did it again" which I actually said outloud on Sunday when I almost missed church.

The drama that I now face is sitting practically alone in this office until about 6 or 7pm. Besides the immense silence, I'll be extremely bored since by that time I will have already surfed the entire Internet allowable by company censors. There won't be a single .com left for me to view, and .orgs are just boring anyway.

So I will play with my squeezy toy, twirl my Magnetix design I built yesterday that hangs from my desk light, rock out to whomever is on my iPod (Outkast right now), and count down until it's time to move my car closer to the door... which would be in the next 20-40minutes when other lucky people go home for the day. But at least today I go home for the week. I shouldn't have bothered coming in all week... but that gas tank doesn't fill itself. I wish it did. Where can I buy solor panels?

No comments: