5.13.2008

early birds get to stair master

I finally managed to get to work today before 6:30... 'Twas a struggle indoob. I seriously considered wrapping back up in my nice warm covers that were so soft and fluffy and warm and happy.

I managed to get out of the house before 6, which meant I'd probably be getting to my desk around 6:15ish... Traffic willing. But normally, the earlier I leave, the less traffic I have to deal with. Sometimes it's the opposite when I go home... the later I leave, the less traffic. Actually, back in my 8 hour shift days, traffic is fine before 4-4:30... I've been taking the back roads lately.

All of that has nothing to do with these two women I heard this morning while I was going up to my floor. I heard a couple shouts that echoed through the halls, but since it was so early, there was no one to be seen, except for the man behind me. And he seemed to be a manly man indeed, so I knew it wasn't coming from him. Once I got up to the 3rd floor, I looked over the railing to the floors below and saw a woman who apparently just ran up the down escalators. Then she hollered again, confirming my instant accusation of the earlier yell. She went on to talk to her friend telling her she enver thought she'd make it up. This is when I took my double take and noticed she's looking down the down escalators talking to someone else who apparently is also on their way up.

This is not the mall. Nor do they look like 10 year olds.

I'm going to make believe that they were exercising, since that escalator takes you to the gym in the basement, and a lot of people go down to the basement to walk or jog laps in a loop outside the gym, espeically in the winter.

I need to get active. I'm getting a desk belly.

No comments: