5.22.2008

high school potty emergencies

As I'm thinking about writing this, I think this would be my 3rd or 4th post regarding the bathroom. Not that i spend a lot of time there, although it's not uncommon for me to make at least 2 visits there, and that's usually just to get out of the office or make sure my tongue isn't bleeding (I ate a dangerous lollipop one day, and no not the Maxxxed Energy Pop that's still in it's can on my desk... I think it will remain in it's can, just like how I won't open the bottle of wine from the great wine heist back at Purchase).

My complaint is that today, the bathroom seemed to be littered with paper trash everywhere! I don't care, it's not my place, but still... c'mon. Aren't we all adults working here? It looked like someone was playing basketball with the trash actually.

What's the difference between a high school bathroom and an office building bathroom? I know, sounds like a setup to a corny joke. But the answer is "newspapers." Practically 8 times out of 10... or um... 4 times out of 5, there is a newspaper on the floors in one of the stalls. Usually the sports page or stock exchange. Nothing good. If I'm ever stuck in the stall in question, I might glimpse at it. I like having reading material while I do what I do. But that's only when I'm doing that. In a sense, that's sort've why I like writing these blogs. It's reading material. It'll be a new thing one day. "The Pooper's Blog." Things to read why you poop. I know they already publish books for such things with tiny stories or random facts that take so much time to read, by the time you're done, you're done. Well, some people anyway.

Anyway, I just find it complexing to see these corporate bathrooms looking like bathrooms at my high school. Or younger. I'm not complaining, just observing. If I cared, I probably would've thrown all that trash away. But I don't get paid for that. Plus there's a dude that always seems to come by and "clean" the bathrooms... like a couple times a day... If it's day I make frequent stops and I see him leaving, I go in and it looks like he's the one who trashed the place.

As long as there is soap, I'm happy.

No comments: