12.28.2008

six fals--ahem--true facts about t. sterling watson

I saw this on someone's blog back when I first started my blogging life, and thought to myself, "How interesting," and then I went back to work before my boss caught me. I did start to think about all the many quirks and uniquenesses... or uniqueni? All the oddities that make up my original personality. Or at least things I don't come out and tell people about everyday.

So thanks to the lovely, multi-talented, most commenting Indoobian geek that is Melissa D, I must share some truth that makes me, me, just like she shared some truths that make her, her. So let's imagine Wonder Woman has thrown her magic lasso around me as I start spewing random bits about me. Can we pretend she's being played Kate Beckinsale? No wait! Rachel McAdams! Or...or... Paula Patton. Mmmmm... Sorry.

1. Trend Setting Quirks
At the time, I used to wear a watch on each wrist to stay "symmetrical."
I was also really into all different kinds of vests and loved pockets.
I wear my socks inside out.
95% of all my socks are black.
Every pair of pants has it's own belt.
I get my ears pierced every 10 years (I have 3 because there was a sale that day).

2. Hyper-observant
I get most of my observational skills from my dad, watching everything that's going on almost all the time, even when I'm not really paying attention, I still notice. Then (another) important lesson from an improv class I was taught, was to observe people and the quirky things they do, which only made me that much more aware of everyone and everything around me. Over the years the force has only grown stronger with me and I've used my powers (mostly) for good as I listen to people misspeak, catch typos, hidden jokes, all which comes in handy for trivia games or catching liars with their pants on fire. (A fictional idol of this would be Shawn Spencer from the TV show Psych.) Yet for some reason, I seem to always miss errors in my own work even with proofreading.

3. American Idols
In no specific order, except for maybe the first 3... Sam Cooke, Bill Cosby, Will Smith, Groucho Marx, Yakko Warner, Bugs Bunny, Common, Dave Barry, John Legend, Stephen Colbert, Black Thought, Tyler Perry, Andre 3000, Kevin Smith, Mitchell Hurwitz and everyone behind Arrested Development oh yeah and the beautiful Tina Fey.

4. White Noise Night Lights
I have difficulties sleeping in complete silence (and sometimes staying asleep when it goes silent), unless I'm under the influence of NyQuil. There have been occasions I'm capable of silent sleeping, but if I can help it, I'd put a DVD on repeat (I love TV shows on DVD!). If not, there's always my iPod, iSaac. All hope is not lost, if I got to sleep under the stars listening to nature, I'm sure I'd have a peaceful sleep once I'm at ease knowing some beast won't eat me.

5. "The t. sterling Show!"
When I was wee, I'd imagine I had my own reality TV show with invisible cameras in the walls or following me around everywhere. This was way before the crap that's on TV now, and I've since fine tuned my imaginary show to be a mockumentary of my own life, with part of it being a late night talk show when I sit down at my desk to watch TV and manipulate my computer and the Internet... like I am now. People still say I need my own show, I tell them "in due time." This blog is the closest they'll get for now.

6. I'm a Little Cheesy
I enjoy food maybe a little too much. I've raised awareness regarding Smartfood White Cheddar Popcorn's white cheddar issue: the "$2.49" (it currently cost 40 cents more, but go along with me) has the best cheese per popcorn ratio... the bigger the bag, the less the cheese. The 99 cent bags have decent amounts of cheese too, but those cruddy joke-of-a-snack 25 cent bags have almost no cheese whatsoever. I've been told that I'm the only one who has noticed this. That and Ritz Bits Cheese/Peanut Butter sandwich crackers are toasted a bit longer in the little individual bags versus the box size. I don't know why. I love my cheese and always keep a white cheddar shaker nearby to add to a variety of foods that I eat. I have four pizza restaurants on speed dial (two know me by name), and I've had mozzarella sticks at most diners/restaurants that serve them (or something cheesy related).

Now I'm supposed to tag 6 people to carry on with 6 truths of their own. I will attempt to pick 6 that I haven't seen yet, and by no means do they have to do this... but it'd be nice! I don't have a huge selection of bloggers I know either, but eh... here goes. Even if they don't do it, and some I don't expect them to, check out their blogs... so consider this a plug.

1. Karen
2. Shane
3. Friar
4. Melinda
5. Kim
6. Simon

Here are the rules:
1. LINK TO THE PERSON WHO TAGGED YOU
2. POST THE RULES ON YOUR BLOG
3. WRITE SIX RANDOM THINGS ABOUT YOURSELF
4. TAG SIX PEOPLE AT THE END OF YOUR POST AND LINK TO THEM
5. LET EACH PERSON KNOW THEY ARE TAGGED AND LEAVE A COMMENT ON THEIR BLOG
6. LET THE TAGGER KNOW WHEN YOUR ENTRY IS UP

Woot woot, y'all.

2 comments:

Melissa Donovan said...

I almost wrote about my complete adoration for cheese too, but it didn't make the final cut. I'm glad someone mentioned it because really, there's no better food ;)

-Your fellow geek, Melissa

t.sterling said...

It was a tough call to make for me too, but I had so many cheese related quirks that I felt it necessary to include and I had to leave out my fascination with infomercials.