5.02.2008

vroom vroom goes the cars

I brought Sam to the doctor today. The doctor, like many doctors I hear about often do, told me bad news. Fortunately, they kept me up to date throughout the day so they didn't have to lay it on me all at once. They also needed to do that so they knew what to take apart, what to fix, all that stuff.



Anyway, my grand total came to $430. Another fortunate thing is that I didn't have to pay for the major recall that was on my car, so that saved me over $1,000. I can't really be sure because they actually found 2 recalls with my car and fixed both per recall agreement. However, what they did find that unfortunately wasn't recalled and I hoping was, was the issue with my check engine light, which has been on probably half the time I had the car now.


CYL 1 MISFIRE, ENGINE OVER TEMP. BAD FUEL INJECTOR, NOW ON #2 CYLINDER. BAD HEAD GASKET, COOLANT LOW, CO2 TEST FAILED. RECOMMEND HEAD GASKET AND FUEL INJECTOR. EST $1606.00 +TAX. CUST DECLINED REPAIR AT THIS TIME.


I feel great about that. Apparently, this is a serious problem, because the two things wrong could spell certain inevitable doom to poor Sam. One is more serious than the other, and if one goes, the other is sure to follow. Sorta like the Twin Towers or a married couple that's been together forever.



But that will be a repair for another day. For the time being, I have a plan to look into these parts needed, try to find them for cheaper, then goto my pal down the street OR call on my best friend to see if they could save me some money. These are some big IFs though... Because I need to find the parts first. And right now, I don't have a clue of where to start. Well, other than Amazon.com which is where I find a lot of the things I have now that I found savings on. And at this point, shipping & handling is the same as if bought gas and I drove out to the store to get whatever I was looking for.



In other news, I saw a really awesome movie today since I was home and immobile. Normally I save the reviews for MySpace, but this one really got me since I'm developing a road trip themed series of short films. The scary part is the main character, whom is played by James Marsden(aka X-Men's Cyclops), is a college grad on a road trip to search for meaning while also avoiding following his father's footsteps. Fortunately, this movie makes a lot of different turns which made me enjoy the movie a lot. In fact, I may recommend this movie to a lot of people because it's so different and entertaining than a lot of road trip movies I've seen. Well at least I think so. Takes a lot of htose elements of inquisitive college kids, fairy tales, "the road less travelled", romance, comedy... I don't know, it's just great.

And should you get to see this movie and wonder why it might make you think of Back to the Future besides cameos by Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd, the guy who wrote and directed this movie, co-wrote and co-prodced the trilogy. I didn't look into the movie's score, but it also sounds similar. Plus, it's another car movie! C'mon!

Well, 'tis time for me to go a-churchin' once again. Then when I get home, I begin a-bakin'. More on that later. I'm about to be left.

No comments: