6.09.2008

court!

I went to court today. They said that my case would more than likely be dropped. Nope... Fortunately, they did drop my fine from $93 to $35. Out of my 2 experiences being in/near courtrooms, I think I have determined that I don't like them. Sort've like how people dread hospitals or dentists' offices. It's like you KNOW bad things happen in those places and you just don't want to be there. Maybe it's the blandness of the rooms. Well, the courtrooms. Dentists' offices usually have those very light-colored, nameless, paintings that would probably cost $4 without the glass frame all over the walls to try to soothe victims/patients reassuring them everything will be okay and we're not hear to hurt you... too much.

There's nothing like that at court. Even before you get in the door. The cop-guards actually had me take off my belt. I can understand why... Maybe I tucked something right at the buckle. But what I wasn't aware of is iPod not even being allowed in the BUILDING. So what did I do? Take all my effects and bring them out to the car and I came back with only my sunglasses and keys. They actually took my phone first, so I left that with them. It takes pictures. It does everything actually. I should've said that that was an MP3 player so they'd give it back to me. I'm not sure why iPods aren't allowed. It would've helped kill a few minutes while I waited.

And waiting wasn't that harsh. It still sucked because I had absolutely nothing to play with. My watch, iPod, phone, pens, belt (not that I play with that) all of it left in the car or with the authorities. I felt naked. And bored. But like I said, it wasn't a long wait. Long enough. Only to find out that my crime wasn't quite excusable because I didn't have the proof to back my claim... which was that the car I had been pulled over in is now registered. My dad made a good point... it's not my car. Why should I have proof? Oh well. I'm not one to pick fights, so I paid the fine.

At least I don't have to do jury duty for another 2 years I think.

I don't like courtrooms.

No comments: