6.22.2008

weekend productivity

I would go on a day by day of what this weekend entailed, but it's not really that necessary. Instead, a brief summary of the highlights?

Thursday night, I rearranged my room. I do this every 12-18 months. Sometimes you just need a change, right? I'm hoping this is the last time I do this because I hope to move out this year. I don't know how likely that is. But now my laptop and computer is set up so I can't access it as easily with it being right next to my bed. So hopefully, I will sleep better without this major distraction.

Friday I went out to lunch with my friend like I normally do, nowadays. Afterwards, I was going to go car shopping, because I really need to replace Sam. My dad called and needed my help with something, so I never shopped for the car and went home. I continued to do more work on my room. Technically, even right now, it still isn't done. There are little things like organizing my CDs and random things I don't want to throw away. I did throw out 2 full trashbags of stuff. I need to do the same for my clothes. Instead of throwing them away, donating to charity or something? Yeah, that sounds good.

I don't think I did much the rest of Friday... not that I can remember. Saturday I went out car shopping finally. But not after a noon iced latte with my friend... and a random encouter with a drunkard asking for 50 cents. It was rather discomforting, but as long as he didn't mess with my friend, I was alright. I just wanted her away from him, and fortunately he didn't even talk to her. Anyway, we traveled to 2 dealerships, technically 3... but just to look around. I completely forgot all that I learned about how to get a good deal. But fortunately, later that day I re-learned what I needed to know, so I think I'm ready to go back shopping first. But I MUST get a car this weekend. My plan is to visit at least 2 dealerships, but I already saw the car in mind, so I just may go from there and pretend I saw another car with a better deal elsewhere... which is partially true... but if no one comes out to talk to me about your car, why would I come back?

I recommend reading http://www.edmunds.com/advice/buying/articles/42962/article.html (Edmunds.com's Confessions of a Car Salesman). It's a lot of reading, but it's useful if you are looking to buying a car. Almost makes you mad at car salesmen. But educational, and a bit humorous nonetheless.

Later that night I went to hang with my cousin. She and some friends were celebrating her boyfriend's birthday. We had a good time. I was supposed to go somewhere else, but that ultimately got cancelled. It wasn't too bad. I was just happy to be out. I even played DDR. I didn't want to but they made me. No doubt I need practice.

Needless to say, I watched quite a bit of movies over the weekend. Check the MySpace blog for that.

Now here it is Sunday. My usual churchin' went on. Had a good time. Once I came home, I fell asleep. Longer than expected. But I was pooped.

Now it's time to start the new week. My last week with Sam, hopefully. Am I sad? Not entirely. We had some good times, but it's time to move on. I've got work tomorrow too. WOOT! Now I won't be bored. I'm weird, I know.

No comments: