6.13.2008

movie overload!

For the past weeks I've seen more movies than I can review. I'm trying to keep up. Really... But I'll get to it soon enough.

In the meantime, I had an adventurous day watching Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of Crystal Skulls and National Treasure: The Book of Secrets. I must say, it'd be interesting to have Ben Gates and Indy team up... had they lived in the same time. And for kicks and giggle, Lara Croft. And if we wanna stick to who plays who... well... Jon Voigt plays dad to both Lara Croft and Ben Gates (as well as real life dad to Jolie, if you didn't already know). Would that be something.

Well, I was going to go back and rewatch the first Indys just to remind myself of what what goin' on 20 years ago. I actually missed the first 20 minutes too... I asked 3 people--the first person really didn't like the movie, and fell asleep through pieces of it. I've realized she isn't always the best movie companion since she has fallen asleep a couple times at the theater. Okay, okay... I made her stay up to see the midnight showing of one of the Pirates movies, and we all know how long those are. Another time, the movie was plain crap boring. And another time... I can't remember, but I'm sure there was something.

My second watcher gave some pretty good detail as to what I missed. With that alone, I think I would've been able to hold out until it came out on DVD.

UNTIL my third watcher didn't even wanna tell me because according to her, I missed a lot. This coming from my cinematic soulmate, yeah, I'd take her word for it and now I feel I need to rewatch the movie. If I wanna do it right, I should watch the first 3, first. I don't have a lot of time. Indy might only be in theaters another week or so, if that.

Other movies I watched recently: Jumper, Marx Bros: Room Service, At The Circus, Go West, and The Big Store. I need to mail back the Netflix movies I've had for like... months. They are all Richard Pryor stand-ups, one of which I've seen already. But I've kinda lost interest in watching them. I think I'll just send them back, and if I change my mind, I'll put them back on the list. I really want to see Akira. I also want to turn my PC back on so I can play with Photoshop and make a picture of myself glowing a la Kanye West in the Stronger video.

Enough typing. I require sleep. I'm so tired, I can't even fini

No comments: