6.04.2008

paris strikes again

I think I neglected to mention that I wrote not 1, but 2 scripts inspired by Paris, Je T'aime. Yeah, that movie really had an impact on me.

In slightly related news, I idly seeked acting schools for a friend when I happened upon the New York Film Acadamy, which I actually have heard of several times. Most of the time, from my beloved IMDb.com ads, but I never really looked into it. Well, only once.

Anyway, I'm definitely interested in going there some day. Looks like it'll be a new focus since I discovered The Second City is no longer in New York City. I'd educate you on what The Second City is if you don't already know, but I'd suggest you look up half of the SNL alumni and you'll find out what it is and why I want to go. But I can't let that get me down. There's still L.A. which I'm presently not interested in. Or I can goto the hometown itself, Chi-town. It's a thought. But NY is still my focus. It's really where I want to be.

In the meantime, I will continue my local schooling here in CT, and continue my writings, and perhaps I can get some decent school and work established before I make my move to the City. Sigh... dreams.

Some very important DVDs should be arriving within the next few days, or so I hope. From Paris to a super Marx Bros. collection. I'm so excited. I wish a buncho of my film buddies were here, I'd throw a Marx Brothers marathon. Sad to say, I don't think my circle of friends here know much about them nor would appreciate them. Well, ya know never know. But I have my doubts.

Kathy is telepathic... She texted me just as I typed "circle of friends" because she's one of those people. It's scary in a good way. She also is interested in this much raved about Paris movie. Well, I hope she will fall in love with it too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HA! You were looking into film school "for a friend" Riiiiiight. :D