6.11.2008

mr. fix-up

It's definitely not part of my job title, well, maybe in the "romantic" part, but I'm not one to play Cupid, even though I've been writing several treatments involving Cupid...

Long story short, my friend is trying to hook up her sister with one of our mutual friends. She would've taken care of everything herself, but she doesn't have his number. I did, so it was up to me to do my part and give him her number. Fortunately, I'm friends with the soon to be hooked up, so I think I just took over the matchmaking part. Do I think they'll make a good couple? Who's to say? I know I just hope someone wouldn't ever do me wrong. And I don't think anyone would, nor do I think this pairing is a bad idea. The girl is already attracted to the guy, and I know the guy well enough to know he'll find her attractive as well. Personality-wise? I don't see a big problem there either. But again, who knows?

I DO know that I need a serious energy boost like, right now, or else I'll pass out on my desk in the next 20 minutes. I took a caffine pill. I didn't want to, but I needed it. I didn't get my morning coffee like I've done the past 2 mornings. I think they worked. Well, Monday was an off day. I should've listened to my mother and just went home for the day after I went to court. But no, I need them hours! But fortunately, 4:30 will be here sooner than I think and I can go home in no time. Except by that time, I won't be tired, and I'm supposed to be hanging out with a friend... So all will be well. It better be. Plus the caffine will have probably kicked in long before that time.

I can't believe I'm considering or entertaining the thought... but I don't think I'd mind being fixed up with someone. Wait, no... I forgot, I'm denoucning women this week. Social and writing experiement. A poem a day keeps the juices from drying away. I guess.

Back to office work.

No comments: