6.30.2008

week #3 and counting

I rush into work to find that I don't have work to do. Can Mondays get anymore frustrating for me?

Fortunately, I don't have to go through the rest of my Moday having the Mondays since I have music to put me in a good mood as well as my co-workers sharing stores of dreams of working at home and one in particular who also doesn't have much work that can be worked on. Thankfully, she's also someone else who can share in the grief of not having work to do. I know how crazy that sounds.

"Who would complain about not having work to do?" some would ask.

I'll tell you. First of all, we are on production, which means we need to have X amount (in our case, 50) files done at the end of the week. If our numbers are down, it looks bad. I'm still new to the team I'm on, so I don't have to do 50 yet. My goal was 30 but I just squeaked by with 40. Why the extra 10? I like to push myself harder. So in the long run, at the end of the week, I can loaf around and enjoy my last day before the weekend. I know, lucky me.

Besides production numbers, the reason I torture myself every morning with the mere thought of waking up, getting dressed, and coming in this building is to work and make money. Okay, okay... the moment I sign in, I'm making money. But I'd like to be doing something productive with my time. And yes, technically the blogging is productive, but its not what they hired me to do.

Crap... I just lost my bottle cap under my desk and I really don't feel like going under there to get it...

I really would like to go back to sleep. Or to IHOP. I don't think there is ever a time I WON'T goto IHOP. Hmm. Pancakes. Actually, I think I like their eggs a little more.

Well I'm going to go not do work that I don't have to do anyway. Or maybe I'll work on my Behance profile/portfolio. I have a bunch of never-before-seen poems sitting here on my desk that oh-so-badly need to be typed and shared with the world. I also have voicemail and some faxes... It's sorta work. I'm gonna save that til 9.

No comments: