9.09.2008

bad news, good news, new news, old news, ...new olds?

To make a long story short, my uncle didn't show up on Saturday at the big family reunion picnic gathering thing. Honestly, I'm not that bummed about it. Yes, I was let down, but I feel so much better knowing I was prepared and had that groovy feeling of accomplishment. There's nothing quite like it. Needless to say, I'd much rather wish I had the chance to meet my uncle and show him my work. But in due time. The other reason I'm not too bummed about it is because I'm considering the circumstances he might've went through--like the happy rain storm known as Hanna. Apparently he lives in New Jerser or Long Island... which either way is an area that got hit a little worse than us. So due to incliment weather, I can understand why he didn't show up. Plus he's a big time executive and might not always be able to leave willy nilly. Then again, that may hurt his case, and I'm still on his side.

As for the reunion... I honestly will admit I was pretty bored. I met a bunch of people I probably won't see for another year or so, if that. One of which I do hope to meet again and work with. More on that later.

As for work... So far so good. 27 files down, and we'll just say... 23 to go... and 2 days left. Woot.

My parents and grandmother tripped down to Virginia for the rest of the week. They left a few hours ago and now I have the house to myself. Partytime? Oh yeah, baby! Evey night! Heh... Not quite. Pretty much everytime I have the house to myself for more than a few days... I haven't been home. Like I suddenly turn into an anti-homebody. Odd? Some seem to think so. But the other thing is one of my best friends is on vacation and will also be gone for the week. So that's one less person I can wreak havoc with. I need some more local friends.

Speaking of important people in my life, I'm starting to watch TV a little more this fall. In fact, as I type I'm watching Fringe. I can't say if it's good or bad since it's only the first 30 minutes... However I am impressed whenever they show a location, the words/names are floating and sometimes the camera flies through the letters. It's like the words are actually there! It's awesome. I want floating words in my neighborhood! Not necessarily location devices, but just random words. What might I have? "Squishy." Or maybe "onomatopoeia."

Between the commercial breaks, they actually say how long until they return. If only every show did that. This show has some humor to it too that I appreciate. It was either this or Wipe Out... which I do watch. Later, another new show, on BET no less, called Somebodies is coming on that I want to check out. This is the 3rd show that sounds like the premise or the exact college themed sitcom I wanted to do. The other two is Undeclared and some show I saw on Hulu.com called Dorm Life. I haven't seen it yet... But one day. I keep a lot of my big ideas to myself, but I'll let the title out on this one--Academic Probation. Sigh... I won't say much more about it though.

I do hope a new show called Valentines get's cancelled. I feel bad for saying that, but an idea I have for a movie trilogy involves Greek mythology very similar to how that show is doing things. I do not appreciate it. Alas, this was an idea I would bring up when I was more established, and had the chance to meet the great Andre 3000.

Well, I'm going to go off and cause a lot of trouble.

No comments: