9.19.2008

well spent friday

Today I did what I think I was supposed to be doing with all these Friday's off--getting stuff done as well as chillin' out. I got some Christmas shopping done, which is always a load off of some shoulders. Speaking of shoulder loads, I want a crazy awesome solar panel backpack. Why? That's really a question people will someday learn not to ask... unless it's more specific... or the question is "why not?" because then... I don't know. I lost my train of thought. Watching movie trailers on the Speed Racer DVD.

So Christmas shopping, I have my dad and grandmother sort've crossed off the list. For some reason, I always find it difficult for the females in my life. And I don't wanna go for the easy smell-goods or candles that I know they'd be happy with. I want to give one of those gifts that are like "Aww!!! Sterrrrling!!!" And maybe a tear is shed or they are smiling so hard their cheeks are sore or they turn into a human clamp and hug so hard it's difficult to sustain life. I made my dad tear up one year which was a feat all it's own. That's when I bought the church a computer. You see, it's not necessarily the gift, it's the thought and meaning behind it. I'd rather give someone a touching hand written letter that I wrote specifically for that person versus the most expensive latest prettiest thing money can buy. Well, of course if I can afford something someone I care about really wants, then they can count it done!

I had Stuffed Buffalo Bread for lunch which was so-so. Not the best thing in the world, but it was something different. I bought me some new jeans. Hopefully they will take over my favorite pair since those spawned a whole in an unsightly area.

Back at the Mart, I ran into other co-workers telling me how the managers are such people persons. That's sarcasm by the way. Someone needs an angry letter sent to their house. But I probably have a better chance writing a script around it instead.

In other news, I plan on doing some writing later today. I'm not sure which project I'll pick up. I started about 3 or 4 in the past two months. Perhaps I'll write fuller drafts of two very rough drafts I've written on the spur of moments I had in the span of at least an hour. Both of which would be short films, but great stories nonetheless. Perhaps I'll expand on a thought I was inspired by earlier today. Would you like to hear it? Sure you would. And it wouldn't ruin anything I'm planning anyway. "So close but yet so far." Yep, that's what I'm thinking about. I'm going to have that be an underlying theme in a future story.

Speaking of stories, I'm also trying to device a decent mystery plot. I've always wondered how writers came up with those great mysteries that have awesome reveals at the end. I've come to realize that for some stories like that, one has to work backwards. Usually, I just go from beginning to end... or middle to end, then beginning... or middle to beginning to end... or... you get the point. And I think I'm turning into a morning person. I was up at 6:30 this morning out and about and enjoying myself, almost like I was on a mission. Well, sort've... But nothing was definite other than lunch, movies and some light shopping. The writing I hope to get to before midnight. Perhaps I could at least finish a treatment or a prewritten rough draft script.

But all of that after my movie viewing. Oh yeah, and I'm going to sign of for a Spanish class. I love the langauge, the culture, and... the ladies? Good God! But I'm really going to learn it to better myself and my future. But it wouldn't hurt to minlge with the latinas either.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Christmas shopping?! That is some serious preparation there.

"solar panel backpack" -- Cool!

You are a dedicated writer.

t.sterling said...

I think that's something to put on my list for those people who think I'm the kind of guy who has everything. I can present this list and say "I don't have these things."

And it's never too early to prepare.