9.11.2008

pajama meetings and break-ins

I truly must admit, it's a wonderful thing to "go" to a meeting in your pajamas. I really thought about going into the office today for this mandatory meeting... but then it dawned upon me--why would I waste such precious gas for a 30 minute chat when we are living in 2008 and I can utilize telephone conferencing options that have been offered to me? Is this not the more simpler action? Could it get any easier? Probably... But I can't afford to use my precious brain energy to think of it right now. Instead, I am yet again more concerned about nursing my tree back to optimum health. A new branch has sprouted over the week. I'm so excited! I never thought I'd be so happy about a plant. My, my, the times are changing.

This be the day that the nation remembers what every fire engine has plastered on their rears telling us to "never forget" with a sillouette of the late Twin Towers. Honestly, it's hard to forget when I'm reminded every other time something political comes on TV regarding terrorism. It's too bad. Oh, and every other show featuring NY and the infamous skyline. Don't get me wrong, I feel as bad as the next guy... but I don't want to stay in depression. I've got things to do and most of those activities require me to be happy. One such thing is celebrating my sister's birthday. We actually talked about how our birthdays seem to be on or around some tragedy. Granted, her birthday came first, but still. As for my birthday? The space shuttle Challenger exploded. As I like to tell it, after that tragic event happen, the world cried. But then I was born and everyone got happy again. Unfortunately for my sis, once people learn that her life anniversary shares the same never-forget date, people tend to react the same way. "Oh, I'm so sorry. Are you okay with that?" Like she has a choice.

But we all take it in stride. Sure, her tragedy was bigger than mine, but I remind people. I wanna get a little sympathy too. Is that so wrong? Does that make me a bad person? If it does, I don't mind. I don't always wanna seem like the perfect kid, ya know? I don't wanna be labelled "the bad boy" either... which I doubt would ever happen unless I played a character so well that I get type casted. I think if I had a choice of what to be type casted as, it'd be a sarcastic, witty, semi-slacker genius comic relief type.

In other news, the crime wave continues and is too close for comfort. By "too close", I mean a couple houses down. And by "crime", I mean someone broke into their house and stole stuff. I dunno what stuff or how much, but it happened during the sunshine part of the day. I will continue to be honest here and say that this news has me a tiny bit on edge for the current time. Besides the fact it took place less than a few yards from my home, I am home alone until Sunday. So, God forbid, if anyone tries to illegally enter my house, I'm not sure what I'll do. Considering my office is literally next to the front door, I have an advantage. Plus I rarely leave the house. However, should they enter the back door and I'm in my room, I have more time to prepare... say... grab a long and/or pointed stick and go to battle, essentially living out my dream of beating someone up in the name of goodness, justice, and the right to bare arms. And yes, I'd have something sleeveless on just to overstate the "bare arms" part. Overall, it'll mark another victory in life. Another statement as to say "t. sterling is not a guy who you can crank call or steal and plunder from because he'll make you feel bad that you lost. And he'll beat you with a stick if necessary. It might be pointed. Or he'll throw a water balloon at you and belt 9V batteries at you before just sticking two on you on a damp spot."

Okay... I'm not sure what one would say. Just know that I'm not afraid to stand my ground if I have to. I'll be some kinda mixed breed of Jackie Chan and MacGuyver if I must get physical. I much prefer sticking to battles of wit. Like Bugs Bunny, Yakko Warner or Shawn Spencer. I have a decent track record. Not that I want to engage in anything, I'm a pacifist at heart. A sadistic pacifist, but I love peace all the same.

Wow... I need to get out of my house for a little while... Seriously.

No comments: