9.23.2008

happy belated anniversary

Well dip me in wax and light my hair on fire, I forgot to celebrate my 1 year anniversary at this here office job! That's right, I've been an "office drone" since September 17th, 2007. Do you remeber, the 17th night of September? Never knew if it was a cloudy day... I couldn't see any windows from my desk unless I did the whole prairie dog thing and looked over yander.

But I've accomplished a lot in the past year: went from temp to full time to a sort've department change to work-at-home. And for a quarter of that time, I was still with the Mart and not loving it. Had I still been there, I would've crossed the 3 year mark indefinitely. I have yet to hold a job for more than 3 years. Well, being an A/V techie at church doesn't count. Nor does being a writer. Why? Because I say so! Don't question me. I won't hear it or read it. Not now anyway.

So um... How about some cake or cookies or something? I've got a tub of Nestle sugar cookie dough. I haven't baked any of it yet. I keep sneaking teaspoons throughout the day or before bed. One day it'll make it onto a pan. Needless to say, anytime I'm able to bake cookies, if there's enough to make about 24 cookies, only 16 might make it in the oven. 12 might make it to a plate to cool off. 5 might get the chance to be consumed by someone else. And that's if I'm feeling kind hearted. Other days, they might be kidnapped to eat at a later hour. 98% of the time, home baked cookies don't last 24 hours in my house. Especially if I'm the one doing the baking because I'm too lazy to bake for later. I only bake just enough for right now. I'm a cookitator. Or maybe a confectionariator. Yeah, say that one out loud! But that's too include cakes and muffins or sweet things I must rule over and eventually consume. I am the Saddam of Sweets. The Stalin of Sugars. The Bush of Biscuits. Okay, I think I made my point.

I like cheese too. So... Ya know... Anything cheesy, feel free to pass that over too. The Mussolini of Mozzarella... The Prince of Parmasan... The Czar fo Cheddar... Okay, I'll stop now.

This video has nothing to do with anything... except maybe history. But it makes me laugh. And it's my belated party and I can laugh if I want to.

If only history class was always like this...

2 comments:

Melissa Donovan said...

Cookies, cheese, and political villains. It doesn't get any better than that -- unless every episode of Heroes is playing on a loop in the background on an enormous screen. It's all about hope, right? ;) Congratulations on your one year anniversary. Most bloggers don't make it past three months so that's quite an accomplishment and you should proud of yourself.

t.sterling said...

I can have that arranged. We have a big screen TV, I just need to buy the DVDs.

Thank you for the congrats. I hate to correct, my blog isn't a year old yet, just my current job. But when the blog is a year old... needless to say you'll know. But thank you all the same, also for the encouragement. You are a role model and inspiration to go on.