10.03.2008

pictures for things i blogged about earlier

So I stopped being lazy and took some pictures... First up--iSaac my new iPod. ...and a Hunts ketchup packet. It came with some food I ordered the other day. By the way, iSaac is showing you movie trailers it's holding, 'cause he's good like that.

This is the thing I referred to in an earlier post. It came in a plastic packaged mailed to my house. This thing was sent from the company I work for, for being at the meeting that I really wasn't. Every "town hall meeting" that occurs, we get stuff. Last time they gave us water bottles, which were actually practical and useful. Before that--another strange weird thingy that's currently collecting dust and I'll never use. What it really is, is this beach thing that you lay on. But when I first received it, it looked like a pillow. A rouch pillow made out of straw. I'd take a picture of that, but I don't remember where I lost it.

After my mother got hers (like 5 minutes later) she told me what it is, and what it's used for. I thought it was a bag. A strange bag. Well, it's got pockets. And everything they give us has the company's name plastered on the side of it. (Obviously I'm showing you the blank side.) I had a co-worker share her view and concern wishing everything didn't say where she worked. I believe we were talking about the water bottle at the time. That's when I tried to see if I could scratch off the letters. It didn't work.

Anyway, this thing is for your butt and/or back. Set this on a rock or disgustingly hard chair, and plat yourself comfortabley there for hours. I don't need this. So far, the things they gave us aren't useful to me in the least. Except the water bottle. I have to go on some websites to see how much these things go for. Why? I wanna know how much money they scrimped and scraped to get these for us.

Now this last picture I wasn't going to include. But I was so proud of my achievements that I had to include it. Tonight I went to my favorite buffet and I always say "I'm gonna bring me a lil baggy to fill me up some food for home!" When I speak out loud, I lose all sense of grammar and how the English language works. Anyway, I snuck a sandwich-sized Ziplock bag hoping to fill it up with the delicious meat they serve. Sadly, I didn't get to fill it, but I did get something in the bag.

Let me tell you about this buffet... It's got great food. But it's technically a Chinese buffet. It looks American because it's got pizza and mac'n'cheese and other Americana foodies that you can't order off a take-out menu. The other thing about this buffet, it's $16 a head for dinner. Lunch or Saturdays are a bit cheaper, but for that amount of money, you want to get your money's worth. Had I thought of my "slide and drop" method sooner, I would've had a bigger score. I rather not describe the slide and drop method, even though there isn't much to it. But I'm not encouraging stealing either. But this isn't stealing. I paid. I just eat it later. In any event, I'm proud of my feat. This is what you expect with someone who loves heist movies. I'm going to have a series of buffet jobs, heistly speaking of course. I don't want to discuss the people who work at those buffets. That's a story for another time. Again, the picture lies to you. It doesn't look like much of a score, but there are delicious BBQ pork strips in that bag... for now.

No comments: