4.15.2008

working in connecticut

I just got through reading about quirks in Connecticut from a news anchor blog, and it made me realize two things: where I live is sort've a quirk, and I haven't blogged in a while.

Surely I have blogworthy news. Not necessarily work-related. We're having pziza today, but surely that isn't something I'd write home about. There is always some kind've food festivity goings ons around here. Not as often as my sister's workplace. She had the nerve to text me and tell me it was "fried dough day."

I drank my iced latte pretty quickly. I wonder what kind of effect that will have on me later. Normally I'll drink a medium from about 7 til noon. Gives the chance the ice to melt and water some of it down. Which actually isn't all that great.

On related news, I need to buy new earphones once again! And just like the day I was in serach for Smartfood Popcorn, not a pair of the ones I like were in stock anywhere. So just like the Smartfood Popcorn, I'll have to wait a few days and then return. I also need to wait because Friday is payday.

What's so great about Smartfood Popcorn? Well it is one of my favorite snacks. But I'm very particular how, when and where I eat it. I need to be relaxed and probably watching TV, so I can have a good amount of time to ENJOY the cheesy puffs of air one by one. Yes, I eat each and every full popcorn, one at a time. I could consume a whole bag, but if I can help it, I'll just eat half and wait til later to finish it. Anyone, one day I was craving the Smartfoods and stopped by a local gas station and alas, they were sold out. By the way, I love the $2.49 bags. 99 cent bags are okay, but never enough, and the $3 bag doesn't have enough cheese, and forget about the family size. Hey, I've been eating this stuff for years, you would have it down to a science too. Anyway, I went to a bunch of places and they were all sold out. They had the reduced fat kind, but those have reduced flavor. So I was popcornless for a few days until I finally found a bag at a store recently stocked. It was like a bad dream.

Anyway, it was like that when I was looking for some new earphones. So while I'm at work, I use the "reserves" which is a backup older pair I bought and leave at my desk for use with my computer.

Hey, I got a new phone.

No comments: