4.05.2008

Writer's Wretreat - April '08

Hopefully this is the first of many retreats I can take to sit down and get away from it all. Mainly to get out of my house, or familair settings, so I can write.

"Write what?" A random voice might ask... but doesn't.

"Why, anything, my dear invisible figment of my imagination voice!"

And so far I've only typed out a script I wrote while at work. I also reminded myself of the other projects I may have started or at least wrote down so I can flesh out later. And just recently I put my foot to sleep and its tingling like mad!

Okay... it's subsiding.

Besides that, the hotel I'm staying at is so far away, that I'm still in the same city. I'm at a nice place called Candlewood Suites, which it looks like it's owned by Holiday Inn. Isn't that the chain that makes you feel smarter? Hmm... I think I'm thinking of Holiday Express... Maybe they are related. Too lazy to search.

I'm currently watching Back to the Future 3 which has a funny way of dating itself even though it takes place in olden western times. Basically the remarks made by Marty McFly. Doesn't make it any less of a film though. However, I still like part 2 best. One day I'll do the whole back to back thing. Back to the back to the future... heh... corny pun. Okay, this part 3 is quite humorous. Marty called him a jerk. Western Biff didn't know what that meant. Chuckle. And the special effects... good for it's time.

Anyway, I should probably get back to brainstorming and at least writing out the stories so I can write the scripts later. I wish a few of my filmmaker friends were here, like Magda. That may be a few months from now. Everyone is in school except me. Oh well.

By the way, never buy Sathers Gummi Worms... They aren't very gummi.

No comments: