8.06.2008

i did it again...

I have serious drinking issues. No, I'm not an alcoholic... I just can't seem to keep any liquids in a bottle, or drink in a proper manner at work. Actually, it's been shown that I have issues outside of work as well... It's just more embarrassing here because I'm in front of much more people and depending on the spill, I might not be able to run home right away for a quick change in clothing. And today especially would've been bad because it was a fruit punch with a deep red that could stain even a jet black shirt.

So what happened this time was purely accidental... as it usually is. Monday I put in one of those little packets to make regular water into a fruity delicious drink, and sugar free. I added my own sugar because I hate that sugar free aftertaste. Gross. What tends to happen if you let it sit, you get a white poweryish looking residue on the bottom of your bottle, or cup or whatever you are housing this drink in. And this is sugar, or so I hope. I find it more with the sugar-free drinks, but I've seen it with real sugar too. Today I come into work and processed to get this residue back into the beverage before I take my sips and stain my tongue. As I shake, unbeknownst to me, I'm marking my territory with an all out assault on my desk, some papers, my keys and my watch (which I still haven't put on, but stuffed in my pocket on my way out of the house).

By the way, this is how to make a short story long.

Once I realize my mess, I have a quick look around to make sure no one has seen this, as I've done before when I unintentionally make beverage message. I think my best is when I decided to shake up a drink in a SoBe bottle WITHOUT putting the top on. Fortunately that day, I had another shirt under the one I was wearing so the completely wet shirt could dry out. Ah... good times.

No comments: