8.31.2008

Writer's Wretreat - August '08 [part 3]

It's the crack of dawn early Sunday morn... I'm just now realizing I have the perfect view of the sunrise. I think I neglected that fact before due to it being rainy and cloudy yesterday morning. It's hard to determine the sunrise when the cloudy clouds are blocking the sunny sun, no? Maybe I'll draw back the light blocking curtains and watch the sun rise live. That almost sounds like a concert. Ooo... That's a good idea. Have a musical concert from about 5am to 8am or something... No one steal it! I claimed it here first! Growl.

Even though I've been sitting in the same spot for about... 7 hours, I still haven't done much editting to Sam's One Night Stand. I think that's what I'm going to go with as a title. I got some feedback from a friend I sent the initial script to. I just sent her the newer version, but it's not the final completed version. If I still have energy, I may just get that over with and call it a night. Or morning. Or day. I think I'm going to start preparing to go home. With a suite like this, do they expect me to wash my dishes? I brought the wrong camera to document my stay here. I would've had some awesome shots of the silverware, food I ate, amazing stunts I did that people should never do in their own home. I jest. Like last time, I mostly sat at the desk.

Ocean's Thirteen came on HBO 2 unexpectedly. What's even more uncanny is Ocean's Eleven was on TBS at the same time! What a choice to make. I went 13 since it was uncensored and commercial free. I lucked out though because 11 came on a 2nd time... So you know where I was for about 4 hours. Yep, in the ugly brown recliner that is nowhere as comfy as the one at home. And I munched on my complimentary bag of buttered free popcorn that I almost burned, and decaf coffee that I brewed myself. Aren't I special?

So that was part of my vacationing, and it was good. I had to get back into workmode which was a little difficult. I was distracted and inspired by reading my new favorite blogs and the comments people make. Then I decided to get snacks. All of that helped me to... [insert drumroll]

Write a brand new story! I haven't started the script, I don't know if I will do it now... but either way, I'm feeling accomplished. What is it called? Working title would be The Writing Retreat. I like puns... and there really isn't one in that title. Concept: A struggling young writer taking a weekend off at a hotel to focus on writing new material, meets an unexpected muse that changes his life forever. The fun thing about that concept alone, it's based on a true story. As for the story itself, well, it's partially based in truth, but later in the story, my imagination takes over. But it's not like crazy imagination. It's a story I could easily film if a bunch of actors were in the room next to me and they worked for free and on a whim.

Speaking of neighbors... what is with the people about me??? Who does that much walking?! Seriously! At least they are sitting now, I hope. I may have to write that in the script, what my character would be thinking is going on in the room above his. A dance party? Musical chairs? A ballet performance chef? People warming up for a marathon?

Good God in the sweet heavens above me, I would like a nap.

I was going to have a Seinfeld marathon... but I've stuck with Psych. This show makes me happy. I thought I'd get through both seasons, but I'm still on season one. And the movies I rented? Didn't touch them since I've been here. Go fig. I know why though. I couldn't write something new and watch something new at the same time. Plus, watching familiar things that I love, inspires me to write, and hopefully it's up to par to whatever I'm watching.

Crap in a hat... my eyes are too weary to continue. I've seen too many words in one sitting. I'm going to clean up a bit, open the curtains, enjoy more Psych, as I float off to La La Land. It's nice, they like me there.

Oh yeah! Bounty towels are really awesome! They really are as tough as the commercials say. And yes, I'm amazed by the simplest things in life.

No comments: