8.22.2008

cops and eggs

I wasn't expecting to use the "cops" tag much more than that weekend I had a few weeks ago... but it turns out I had another episode running into the law last night. Actually, they were on the good side this time. And by "good side" I mean that I wasn't getting a ticket nor was I in any trouble whatsoever. But anyone driving by might think otherwise with Meriden's finest with their new shiny bright colorful red and blue lights. I must admit, I like the way they look as a back light... even if they are flashing at a super hyper epilepsy inducing rate. They almost look purple.

So here's what happened: my aunt was on her way to our house and her fuel line sprang a leak, which started gushing gasoline everywhere except to where it's needed--the engine. Thus, causing her car to stop. She called us, my dad and I went out to the rescue. We eventually called AAA. Per AAA, we would need a flat bed tow truck and a fire truck to contain the leak. We didn't know we needed a specific flat bed tow, until before we even called a tow truck drove by and was nice enough to ask us if we needed help. He told us he couldn't help due to the leak, but said he'd let the other guy know and that he'd be waiting for the call.

After the call, a cop pulled up and checked on us. He decided to stay and help flag down the tow truck. How nice of him. He also called dispatch to figure out whats taking the tow and the fire engine so long. Turns out AAA dispatch sent everyone to the wrong place. Which seemed odd, because we saw the to truck pass us. Then the fire engine finally came and explained they were at the wrong location because of the dispatch. There wasn't much they could do until the car was moved anyway. So there we are: me, my dad, my aunt, a cop, and about 6-7 volunteer fire fighters, all of us lights a-blazing (our cars had our hazards flashing, just to add to the fun).

Finally the tow truck arrives... and drives right by. We figure he's turning around. Nope. He does come back though from the opposite direction about 10 minutes later... but continues to drive by. He's looking for a car on the side of a specific road... And he passes by a big fire engine, a car, a police car, and a big blue pick up... All with lights flashing... signafying "Hey! Maybe you should check this out!" It's not until the 4th pass does he figure out where he needs to be, and we make room for him to do his thing, while we all give him questionable looks (which can only be seen with the flashing of our lights and a street light overhead). We also all wonder if he's on something. Sigh.
And I got a mosquito bite! I avoided them all summer! What the stank is that?

He drops the car off where we want, and we all go or merry way. My whole evening of nothingness gone, but I decide to take some time and write, which I do from about 9pm to 1am. I wrote a whole 13 pages. Hey, that's a big deal! Sure scripts don't look anything like essays, but I introduced all of my characters, set up most of the plots... and now I must type out an entire album that I've heard at least 134 times.
My deadline in August 31st. My other deadline is September 5th. But hey, it's Friday afternoon. I have the rest of today (mostly), all of tonight (except 10-11pm when Psych is on), and all of tomorrow (I think). I'm just finishing up my delicious breakfast of 1 sausage link, 2 spoonfuls of grits, 3 bacon strips, and 4 scrambled eggs (I just went out and bought 5 dozen). Now I need to kick off my shoes and throw down. Oh, and once again, my office area is all pretty and stuff. Hmmm. Pretty isn't the word I want to use. Cozy? I dunno... You choose one.
And look! I'm blogging! More pics later... I know I keep saying that... But seriously, not jestingly, I will post more later.

1 comment:

Melissa Donovan said...

I've had tow trucks pass me by too. I bet your tow truck thought all the flashing lights and whatnot were an accident scene rather than a broken-down car. Good story! And good luck on your writing projects. Sounds like you've got a lot going on.

Melissa Donovan