7.03.2008

breakfast burrito

Now I don't know if it's a good or bad thing, or what it says about me... But I find it a little scary and humorous that I know Thursdays are breakfast burrito days in the cafe in my building. Now that's not a huge or disturbing problem, or is it? Could it just be I know the schedule or the menus? I can't seem to remember which day is Frech toast sticks day. I want to say it's Friday, but I don't work on Fridays... So perhaps it's a food that changes. Some days they have frittata... Which I have tried but I might be mistaking them for something else entirely that eventually grossed me out too much to complete. They tasted like baked scrambled eggs, and it had meat in it. It was a good idea and looked good at the time. But I'm picky overall. If there are strange things mixed with it... like vegatables... especially green ones... I probably won't touch it. I might let a brocolli slip by, depends on the circumstances.

But the burritos have been consistently Thursdays. What's the big deal with the burritos? Well they are... different. I'm not big on burritos to begin with. But Lord knows I love breakfast and a majority of the foods. At least American breakfast foods. I recently saw what Japan supposedly eats for a morning meal, according to new misleading reality TV show, I Survived a Japanese Game Show. I don't even wanna get started on that right now. Let's just say that I'm disappointed about it's show within a show concept... and it happened within the first minute of the first episode. BUT we're talking about breakfast burritos.

They are... hmmm... almost soggy. Would it still be considered a soft tortilla? Well that bready part is moist which I'm assuming is due to the heat from the contents and being wrapped in foil. But the breading tends to stick to the paper inside the wrapping. I found that the sogginess also may come from the contents itself. Perhaps the "juices" from the eggs, cheese, or meat soak through the tortilla and make it feel a bit more mushy than I prefer. I cringe at the thought of calling it "juices." Eggs shouldn't have juice. CHEESE shouldn't have juice. Ok, ok... We'll just say they are "moist." That word is more pleasant even though I've heard debates that the word itself sounds a bit gross to hear. Say it aloud with me... mmmmooooiiissstttt(aahhh)... It's fun to say. So is colloquial.

Overall, don't eat the breakfast burritos here. At first they might be sorta good. But My guess is you might regret it in the end. You'll get depressed somewhere in the meal. I almost want to shun all breakfast burritos... but I've only started experiementing since I started working here since they have a variety everyday. Don't get me wrong, I think the concept is great. Especially if you are on the go or like to touch your food. I personally prefer actual sandwiches made from bagels or croissants, which they also make here and I tend to pick up from time to time. Unfortunately, they like to gype you with either little eggs or the ham shoved to one side. There is no TLC in the making of these breakfast delights. So I guess it's hard to call them a delight. More of a disappointment.

Fortunately they had scrambled eggs with meat & cheese today, which is great by me. The cheese here is great and I don't know why. Oh well. I won't analyze it.

No comments: