7.11.2008

good food, good people, good times

My grandmother is awesome.

Besides being a wonderful cook making delicious foods, especially the scrumptious fried catfish she made tonight, she says the most wonderful things. Sometimes wuite hilarious things. And of course with her southern flair on her speech. (People meeting her for the first time think she's Jamacian because she talks so fast.)

I came in tonight, knowing I was out with a friend and she asked a very simple question: Did you have a good time?

She asked me that before and it just seemed so... abnormal. Why? I'm not used to anyone asking me anything when I get home. Maybe I'm asked if I picked up the mail... but not really much about wherever I've been. This may not seem like a big deal to anyone, but its the little things in life I've been learning to appreciate.

Back to my original story... My grandmother asks if I have a good time... This would make a great cinematic moment for me to reminise on the past couple hours I spent with my great "instant friend" Kathy, as we talk about life past, present, future and obscure over mini burgers, huge salads and quesadillas. Turns out I wasn't fully clear on what I ordered and it got back to the manager, so he came by and told me my meal was free as they gave me fresh new steak quesadillas. What I didn't know was they had onions in them. I can't complain. They were free! I wanted to make sure out waitress was tipped well, so it ended up equalling the original total's 20%, instead of the 15% of the discounted price. Did I lose anyone? It's not that important anyway.

We also had these delicious desserts in shot glasses. I had a delightful cinnamon treat, Kathy had a brownie one. A picture will soon follow.

Anyway, after a very quick flashback, I told my grandmother that I did indoob have a great night tonight. She said "That's good" and went back to watching TV. And my mother was eating one of my steak quesadillas.

No comments: